This is the post for the January 15, 2014 class meeting.
Today, you will analyze some example self-assessments, and then we’ll have peer review on Friday. Your final is due by 11:55 PM on Saturday.
Readings for January 15
For today’s session, please read the following:
- National Guard self-assessment brochure.
- USDA self-assessment document.
- Denver County Public Schools Employee Brief.
Work for January 15
- Analyze the self-assessment documents you have read for today for Powerful Word Choice. Post your responses in the forums.
- If you have any questions about the assignment, go to Questions about Project 6 in the forum and add them.
- Complete the Course Evaluation, if you have not done so yet (more details below).
Please fill out the Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) survey for this course. I do not see the feedback until February (after grades are submitted), and your comments are anonymous.
The feedback helps the department make important decisions about teaching methods, course content, and faculty promotion. Written comments help me decide what to keep or change the next time I teach the course.
More importantly, you can say you completed the course evaluation in your Course Completion Report as evidence of your participation in the course. Please do NOT talk about what you said in your evaluation in your report!