You can find tips for adding graphics to your documents on the FAQ site. Most importantly, know that unless you take the photo yourself, you need to be sure that it’s okay to use it in your writing. In the workplace, you will frequently have staff who curate photo collections you can use if you need to illustrate a document. For our purposes, however, you have to think about issues like copyright and citing your sources.
Work through these FAQs for details and resources, including places to find images that you can use freely (as long as you credit your source):
- How does copyright work with images?
- How do I choose images for my projects?
- How can I tell if an image is protected by copyright?
- Where can I find graphics that I can use in my projects?
- How do I use images in my project?