This is the post for the January 14, 2014 class meeting.
Today, you will read through the assignment for the final exam, read related information from the textbook, and post any questions you have. I will share some example self-assessments on Thursday, and then we’ll have peer review on Friday. Your final is due by 11:55 PM on Saturday.
Readings for January 14
These are the tasks to complete for today’s work:
- The assignment for Project 6: Course Completion Report (the final exam).
- Chapter 12 of Markel (“Writing Informational Reports”)
Note that the information on progress and status reports is similar to the analysis task you will complete for Project 6.
Work for January 14
- Get started on your sixth project.
- Review the Forum Posts and Participation page, which includes the goals you will report on in your final project.
- Go to Tests & Quizzes in Scholar, and complete the reading quizzes on Chapter 12 of Markel by 11:55 PM on Thursday, January 15.
- If you have any questions about the assignment, go to Questions about Project 6 in the forum and add them.
- Complete the Course Evaluation (more details below).
Please fill out the Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) survey for this course. I do not see the feedback until February (after grades are submitted), and your comments are anonymous.
The feedback helps the department make important decisions about teaching methods, course content, and faculty promotion. Written comments help me decide what to keep or change the next time I teach the course.
More importantly, you can say you completed the course evaluation in your Course Completion Report as evidence of your participation in the course. Please do NOT talk about what you said in your evaluation in your report!