The following websites (in no particular order) offer advice on writing short bio statements, like the writing you need to do for the Professional Biography Statements assignment:
- How to Write Short Company Newsletter Bios of Employees (eHow)
- Transform Staff Bios from Mundane to Magical in 6 Easy Steps (GettingAttention.org)
- “Meet the Team” Pages: Examples and Trends (Smashing Magazine)
- How to Write a Short Bio About Yourself (Chron)
- How to Write a Snappy, Tight Professional Bio (NBC Chicago)
- How to Write a Sample Self-Bio at a New Job (Global Post)
- Writing a Professional Biography (U of Rochester)
- Top Ten Tips for Writing a Professional Overview or Biography (Ezine @rticles)
- How To Look Good on Paper: 4 Examples of Great Bios (Communicate [your] Skills)
- How to Write A Bio- Tips for Building Your Personal Brand (Brand Yourself)
- Samples of Professional Branding Statements (Dummies.com)
To get started on Project 1, complete the following tasks today:
Read through several of the resources. Most of them are short, and you should be able to skim through them quickly. Pay attention to the advice you see them repeating and anything that catches your eye (whether it’s good or bad).
Go to the Readings for Project 1 topic in the forums and post your response to the articles. You will find some questions to help you get started in the forums. Aim to post two replies to the topic. I hope to get some good discussion of the advice in these columns, and I hope that you will interact with each other in writing just as you might talk if we were meeting in a classroom on campus.