This is the post for the January 7, 2015 class meeting.
Today you will explore some additional information about your job application materials.
Readings for January 7
For today’s session, please read the following, paying particular attention to the advice that relates to the job application materials you are creating:
- Tips for Job-App Materials slide presentation
- For LinkedIn:
- 5 Essential Tips for a KILLER LinkedIn Summary
- Your LinkedIn Profile Summary: How to Distinguish Yourself from Your Company
- How To Improve Your LinkedIn Background Summary
- How To Make Your LinkedIn Headline Stand Out
- LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 5 Tips For A Professional Profile
- LinkedIn: What To Include In Your Work History
- For a resume:
- Resume Objectives (from VT Career Services)
- Resumes and vitae guide (from VT Career Services)
- Resumes 101: Swap a Stale Objective for a Fresh Branding Statement
- Resume Tips (from VT HR)
- Avoid the Top 10 Resume Mistakes
- If you are writing both a resume and a LinkedIn profile:
Work for January 7
- Complete the Reading Quiz on LinkedIn Profiles by 11:55 PM on Thursday, 01/08.
- Reply to at least one of the topics below (in the Projects 3 & 4: Job Application Materials forum):